Introduction:This is not intended to completely get rid of bullying, however these can help from one who was bullied.
Take a class of any one of the numerous courses of self defense to only use if needed to maintain ones own safety in school and after hours too. When the number of people are against you, at least a fight will possibly alert someone to summon help for the victim.
Crying out for help is an alarm of "come help me". Don't let your thoughts think you are a coward for asking for help when someone is bullying you. The bullies might not want to bother with you since you are loud and shout for help.
Don't let even one little instance of bullying go unreported to authorties at school or at an extra curricular activity. The bullies are everywhere. The bullies are relying on you to keep quiet so they can continue their bullying. Speak up as often as needed. Tell your parents about every episode, so they can report it to the police as well. You pay your elected officials in school and community, get them working for their pay.
Take courses in your neighborhood or begin classes with the help of the human resource people educated in social interactions. Learn, share and keep active no matter how long it takes to erradicate bullying. Start when your children begin school. Bullying begins earlier than you can imagine. Get on a mission early so you will be prepared to know what bullying can and does do to young children.
1. Look for items of value that are missing from your childs life. It might be a favorite notebook or something of more value than that. Some things are not given away, they are taken by bullies.
2. Inquire of absences that don't really seem to be illness related for your child. Pry until you learn the truth and investigate, report and keep on the ball to know all you need to dig into the truth.
3. Check for marks on the body and ask where those came from when your child is scantily dressed or bathing, if possible. Ask to see the upper arms often, since this is a usual place of capture of a bully.
4. If there is money missing from a cookie jar, find out where the funds are going. Bullies ask for payment to stop annoying a person, however it rarely stops, but the payment does not.
5. Be aware of your child's behavior changes. Is he/she jumpy, sleeps poorly or has nightmares, loss of appetite or especially sad in comparison to the usual kid you know.
This is not a complete list of all the bullying information. Make it your business to prevent bullying by learning all you can do to stop bullying. Ask school officials what is being done and join or create a support group of interested parents to stop bullying before it kills anymore children.
You never forget a bully. Even if you defeat the bully. I remember 3 bullies 1 was a boy he hurt my cousin. I knocked on his door called him out he laught I sucker punched him then jumped on top of him continued to beat him up. When his dad came home he got another beating from his dad because he got beat up by a girl.
Good ideas, now if we could just get this in action.
Good one to help spot bullies!
great list thanks!
This is a very well thoughtful list. This is more of what ListMy5 is about.
Great 5's list on this thought provoking subject.
select one here...